Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tinkertown and Therapy!




We went to Tinkertown with our friends Jon and Janelle and their son, Ty, the other day. Ty and Norah are 3 months apart in age and are such great little buddies. They rode the rides and Norah had a blast. As soon as we got through the gate, the first ride you can see is the carousel. I could see she was just longing to go on that ride. She pointed at it and said something about wanting to go on it. So that was the first ride we went on. I took her on it and the experience for me was absolutely priceless. She sat on the "horsie" and thought that was great to begin with. But then when it started and the music came on and the horse started moving...the look on her face literally brought tears to my eyes - it's really not that big a deal but the look of wonder and excitement made the entire trip there worth it for me. Then later, when we got home, I was in Jack's room feeding him and Nate was in Norah's room trying to get her ready and into bed. All of a sudden she came to Jack's room where I was and just started saying things. It was stuff like.."horsies, cars, bang Ty car, aiplan, boat, apple..." and so on. I realized she was listing all the rides she had been on that day. I think her mind was just reeling and whirring with all she had done that day - it was so cute to realize she had such a good time there, too she was wanting to tell me all about what she all did.
On a completely different note, the other day, Norah was coloring with crayons. She has in the past had some trouble remembering that crayons only color on paper, not on walls and other things. Well, this one morning, she had started to color on something again and I reminded her that we don't do that or we'll take the crayons away. Well, I was on the computer typing away and she came running into the room to admit that she had colored on the table. I went to check and yes, she definitely had taken the brown crayon to her little table. So I started packing up the crayons and took them away. She had such a huge fit (not sure when she'll figure out that she at least shouldn't come admit something to me that she purposefully did wrong!) and we couldn't get her to stop crying. So I came back to the computer and kept on typing. She eventually came and sat on the chair with me (still wearing her pj's!) and picked up the cordless phone on the desk and started talking. She was still sniffling and getting over her big cry and talking away. I heard the words "crayon, table, obey mommy, obey daddy". I don't know who she thought she was talking to but it was if it it was therapy for her to tell whoever it was what had gone on. After that she was fine!

No comments: