Friday, July 4, 2008

Bugs

Not sure where Norah got her love of bugs, but she is so fascinated by them. And I try not to let my true feelings show (that I hate them!) so that she won't develop a fear of them. And every kind of bug is a "yadybug" whether it's black and red or not. So this morning she saw this tiny black bug on the carpet which I thought was a fuzz or if it was a bug, I thought it was dead. Well, she picked it up and carried it around with her for a good while. How that bug survived as long as it did I have no idea cause she had it pinched between her thumb and pointer finger pretty good while she carried it around. Then she'd sit down and let it crawl on her leg while she talked to it "bye yadybug" or whatever. Next she was trying to put it in her baby's ear or mouth. Then she'd pick it up again and put it in her purse. Well, we finally got him out of there and then she wanted to put it on me and Jack. Well, I drew the line there. I may not want to let my true feelings show but I quickly found a reason why no bugs are allowed on me! So then she carried it over to her little teaset area and wanted to put it in her teapot. Not sure if she had success with that but all of a sudden she was on to something else and the bug is forgotten...until she spots the next one!

No comments: