Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No Fear

Yes, that's our little Norah. We've thought that before about stuff - animals, water, people, climbing on play structures...she just doesn't have much fear of people and things. If she sees an older kid do it, she thinks, hey why can't she?! She's finally developing a bit of a fear (a healthy fear I would say!) of men. She warms up to them quite quickly but at least she may not just go walking off with someone. However, if she saw a dog or a kid or something, she wouldn't hesitate to leave my side and follow it and not worry about where mommy is. Kinda scary.
Today we were at my sister and brother-in-law's and went swimming in their town's pool, which by the way is amazing for kids. Norah swam for 2 hours straight after not napping and she would have kept going except we wanted to leave. They had a little waterslide for kids and after Nate helped her up and down once, she would climb up the steps, slide down on her own with a huge smile on her face, walk from the slide to the side of the pool, climb out and do it again...and again...and again. Then she walked across the little shallow end of the pool to the other side to play there. Then she was enjoying jumping off the side of the pool into the water (with my help) but was ready to jump into a deeper area by herself I think. At one point I was sitting on the edge of the pool at the bottom of the kiddie slide and this couple next to me was observing her when she was coming down the slide and they commented to me about how she has no fear. I guess I figure what she does is normal for 2 year olds but maybe not...seemed there were a few more people surprised at what she was all doing on her own with no fear.




1 comment:

Aimee said...

looks like you had a great day!