Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tea Party

So this was the cutest thing that happened in our house in awhile I thought! Norah often goes to our basement to watch cartoons in the morning. This morning she was down there and she usually plays around with her toys. She's got my exercise step set up in front of the TV as a little bench and wanted me to sit there with her this morning. I had to go bath Jack so I told her I'd come down when I was done the bath. So when I got down there, she had a "tea party" all set up. She had the "table" (which is really a stand for plants) and the "chair" (the exercise step) all ready and stuff on it.

So then she said "mommy, peas sit here...eat (with) me" and patted the spot beside her. So of course how could I resist that?!

So I sat with her and then she said we had to pray.

So she started praying which was the cutest yet! She put her hands over her eyes like she does when we pray and then I heard"....Je-us....(a bunch of words I didn't understand)....tea party....(more words I didn't understand)...Amen". Then we started eating and pouring. This happened several more times. I had so much fun and was so glad I took those few moments out of my day to play with her. Often I get frustrated and wish she would play more on her own or I'm busy with Jack at the moment, but it's moments like these which I hope to repeat more and not forget. I love having tea parties with my little girl!!! (and I was so glad it happened when Nate was still home and could capture it on camera!)

I have to say it's so cute to see kids mimic the things they learn at home. Makes you feel as if something's stickin' in their minds at least. Though that's a bit scary, too at the same time!

No comments: