Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Some Thoughts

So these first few posts will likely just be "catch up" ones where I'll just ramble about things that come to mind, not necessarily that they just happened.

Anyway, we'll start with Jack since he's the newest! I think with having a busy toddler to look after, and Jack not having been the happiest baby ever, I've kind of overlooked the really cute and amazing things about him as a newborn. Like for instance this afternoon I was sitting on the couch and when I finished nursing him, he just closed his eyes and was laying on my lap sleeping so peacefully. And that makes me think of how I need to enjoy this now cause if he's anything like Norah as an older baby, there will be no more baby falling asleep on my lap a few months from now!

And he's starting to smile and make sounds like he wants to laugh. Last night Nate was lying on the floor right beside looking right at him and doing some funny faces or sounds or something and Jack was smiling away and thinking it was funny.

He sometimes just looks up at you with these big wide eyes as if he's taking in all that he can.

I'm sure I'll have some better and more interesting stories to post about him as time goes on.

As for Norah, well, she's at an interesting point in life! She can test my patience to the absolute limit with her toddler antics, but she also does the absolute cutest things. I wish I could have a mental camera that would capture these images and stories in my brain forever. Like the other morning when I wanted to get her dressed, which is usually a big struggle to begin with. Well, I decided that day to give her her clothes and tell her to put them on. I turned my back and when I looked back, she was proudly wearing her gauchos - with both legs through one pant leg. It was so cute!!

And she has the sharpest eyes - she can spot things that I would never have seen. When we look out her bedroom window, we can see into our neighbour's beautifully landscaped backyard and immediately saw a "gutterfly" on the far fence (one of those decorative ones). Then today we were getting into our truck outside our friend's house and she noticed some "gutterflys" (decorative again) a few houses away (decorative again) on the wall outside the front door.

She has gone through different phases or liking her bath or not liking it. Right now, she loves it. She is obsessed with "yetters" (letters) so we bought her some for the bath tub. She likes to say all the letters as she puts them up and displays them. I don't think she actually knows any letters but it's really cute to hear her say all the letters with such confidence! And as you can see in the picture, she also likes to line up all her little containers with water, and all her little duckies. Then the ducks drink out of the cups and all kinds of other things. She can keep herself entertained in there for quite a good long time.

After thinking that I hadn't been consistent enough with having her say "please" when requesting something, and that she would never get the hang of it, she is now so good with it. And it's so cute to her "peas have more" whatever it is. Makes it so hard to say no when she asks so nicely!

Norah has liked to sing since she was quite young. And it's so cute to hear. She'll look you in the eye and start to sing "Jesus Loves Me" in this high soprano tone that just melts your heart. She'll sing along with most of it and then with gusto "YES, Jesus loves me..." and so on. I really hope we can record it on our camera sometime when she doesn't know that's what we're doing cause I'd love to have a copy of that to watch later.

I've noticed in the last few weeks that her imagination and role playing has taken off. It's quite cute to watch her when she doesn't know it or to hear what she's pretending. Grocery shopping is one of her favorites and she loves to play different things with all her "people" (her Little People and farm animals). She's also big into diaper changes on her dolls - too bad she's not as eager to get hers changed.

Well, that's about all I can think of for now. Who knows how often I'll post but hopefully as little things happen that we don't want to forget, I'll remember to post them and some pictures, too.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I am so excited that you have a blog now. It was fun to read.

Corinna said...

I completely agree on the mental camera, good word choice! And I love the pictures...that Norah and Jack one is beautiful and the bath one is great too...bath time looks like way too much fun at your house. I might just send Luke over for his next bath :). Looking forward to more stories...