Friday, December 19, 2008

How Far we've Come

Just wanted to record how i've thought several times recently that I can't believe how far we've come with Jack's sleep. He's still not a perfect sleeper by any stretch of the imagination, but compared to what he was like as a very little baby....I was used to how Norah was as a baby. I could lie her down and she'd just go to sleep right from the beginning - no rocking, bouncing or anything. So it was a real surprise with Jack, who I had to fight with to get to sleep. But he has learned to fall asleep on his own and it's so amazing. Just now I lay him down in his crib on his tummy and put his little puppy beside him and immediately he lays his head down to go to sleep. This isn't always the case, but usually it is and it's just so amazing....and so cute!

He's learned to put his soother in his mouth on his own...if only he'd find it in his crib at night when he wakes up!

On another note...this one about Norah. Here's her latest that she was doing today. She found an old Walkman and an old Discman and then she'd want me to watch her "bideo" and dance. So we'd stand up in the family room and she would tell me I couddn't dance yet. Then she'd press the buttons on both machines which turned them "on" and then we had to dance. Not sure where her love of dancing comes from - sure not from my mennonite roots!! Oh, and along those lines, the other day and again today, she wanted me to go to the livingroom on the hardwoods and "spin like a pincess". So we had to count to three, then spin around on the floor as fast as we could. When I asked her where she learned that, she said "Agex and Janna's house" (Alex and Julianna's house). Guess when they were downstairs at their place the other day, they must have been spinning like princesses!!

No comments: