Tuesday, August 26, 2008

ABC's

Norah learned the ABC song and never ever gets tired of it. And when she's tired or wants to rile us, the volume keeps going up and up and up. I have to say, she's quite good at it. She learned it from Elmo on the internet. She skips a few of the letters, but overall quite good for 2 years old I figure. I'll try and capture it on video cause it's so cute. We were shopping the other day and all of a sudden she broke out in song - the ABC one and Jesus Loves Me, too. Anyway, so at the end of the ABC song, instead of saying "now I know my ABC's...", she often says "now I know my yetters..." I love that she says "yetters" first of all!

And she's got a growing repetoire of songs to sing at bedtime. First is always Jesus Loves Me (meaning I, or Nate and I sing and she usually joins in). Then is "Children of the World" (Jesus Loves the Little Children), then is Hippopotamus (a song I think I learned at daycamp years and years ago), and now she's added the ABC song. It's quite cute anyway. Maybe sometime I'll sneak the camera up at bedtime and tape the whole thing.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Hey Heather looks like you are having a great time there in mom land.